Roanapur Thugs are the most basic of enemies you can find in the city. Brutal, willing to murder in a heartbeat for the right payment, hierarchy is determined by skill, luck and when to pick your fights with the best joining the local powers and the rest as dime-a-dozen killers for whoever has the cash.
- Drive Automobile – Anyone with this skill can drive a car or light truck, make ordinary maneuvers, and cope with ordinary vehicle problems. If the investigator wants to lose a pursuer or trail someone, both participants might attempt Driving rolls until one fails and the other succeeds. Dangerous maneuvers always call for Drive rolls.
- Handgun – Use for all pistol-like firearms when firing discrete shots. The rate-of-fire differences between handguns is partly from recoil and time needed to take new aim on the target, and partly from difference in mechanism between a revolver and a semi-automatic.
- Machine Gun – Use this skill whenever firing bursts from a bipod or tripod mounted weapon. If single shots are fired from a bipod, use the Rifle skill if it is higher.
- Melee Weapon(Machete) – Any hand-to-hand weapon can be used in Moonlit World. The possibilities are so numerous and often so strange that it is pointless to write them up as skills. Common classes of melee weapons are Clubs or Blunt Instruments, Foils or Rapiers, Knives, and Swords or Sabers.
- Weapon Focus(Machete) - A brutal weapon favored in the tropics and among the more bloodthirsty criminals. Up close, the thugs are more dangerous and skilled then when they're firing wildly with their guns.
Equipment and Items Edit
- P416 Assault Rifle(Cheap Quality)
- P416 ammo magazines x 3
- 45 baht(local money)
Fighting Methods Edit
The thugs begin fighting by opening fire wildly from inside whatever vehicle they're in, filling the target area with lead before moving in. Up close, they resort to dirty fighting using whatever they can and machetes. If their morale is broken, they run immediately. Occasionally, one or two might carry grenades or even a handheld minigun. Others may even afford such items such as riot shields and armored vests. Adjust as needed for the party. Roanapur thugs only attack if they have the advantage of numbers and can be found in every level of organization in Roanapur and by extension, Thailands criminal circles.
If they choose to ambush by water, replace the driving skill with the Pilot skill.